By Alberto Gaytán García
The night of the fight, nobody believed in the challenger, with only one month to prepare he went up to the ring with all bets against him thirty to one. In round three the Mexican was savagely knocked down by Anthony Joshua, incredibly he got up, endured the referee’s count and from then on he came to blows with the well-formed and invincible world champion, beating him. Every time the Mexican hit with his right hands with accurate blows to the head, the champion would sway along with the stunned audience of Madison Square Garden.
Canadian referee Michael Griffin stopped the exciting fight in the seventh round, declaring Andy Ruiz, world champion, the first Mexican in the history of professional boxing to win the reign in the four heavyweight divisions. This is how one of the biggest “surprises” in the history of professional boxing occurred.
What happened that night at Madison Square Garden in New York, is a helpful lesson for everyone. We should never judge anyone without knowing them; we should not criticize, offend and not make fun of someone for their physical appearance, we should not belittle anyone and remember that in life there is no small enemy., Andy Ruiz Jr. is the best proof of that.
That night also demonstrated that this formidable Mexican warrior has a heart of steel and greater bravery than his dreams and not to mention the “stroke” of the luck that accompanies him. The rematch fight is already being negotiated. The team of Andy Ruiz is asking for a 50 million dollar purse and of course it is worth it and they will have to pay it. The famous Mexican bullfighter Rodolfo Rodríguez “El Pana”, frequently quoted a phrase about luck and the opportunities that life offers us, he said: “When it’s your turn, it’s your turn, and when it’s not, it’s not, even if you want it to be” and it was this great Mexican champion’s turn.
Andy Ruiz is a Mexican star inspiration for children and young people and especially for thousands of “lower” athletes who fight for an opportunity to succeed. Andy is also an example for millions of migrant workers from both sides of the border who work without rest for a better life
Acerca del autor
- José Alberto Gaytán García ha escrito artículos y ensayos de corte académico en diarios y revistas de México y de los Estados Unidos; ha participado en importantes proyectos académicos e impartido conferencias sobre temas de historia, tecnología y educación en el marco de las relaciones entre México y los Estados Unidos, tema en el cual realizó sus estudios de doctorado en The Graduate School of Internacional Studies de la Universidad de Miami.
- Destacados2019.09.23México y todos estos países sí usarán la red 5G de Huawei
- Destacados2019.09.23Hay un nuevo rey: este es el smartphone más poderoso del mundo
- Entertainment2019.09.23¿Es malo dejar el cargador conectado a la corriente eléctrica sin cargar tu celular?
- Cultura General2019.09.10CONFUCIO EL SABIO